Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Toni Braxton Cast Mo'Nique For New Album



Toni Braxton has enlisted some of entertainment’s biggest stars for her new album including Trey Songz, Robin Thicke, and Usher, and now she’s rounding out the prestigious list with an Oscar nominee.

Comedian-turned-actress Mo’Nique, who is up for an Academy Award for her role in Precious, makes a cameo on Braxton’s sixth studio album. “She does a monologue on one of my songs,” the R&B diva exclusively tells Rap-Up.com. The track was inspired by Oran “Juice” Jones’ 1986 hit “The Rain.”

“It’s about this relationship where this guy finds out his girl is cheating on him. We do a song, it doesn’t sound anything like that, but it’s the reverse of a guy who gets busted cheating. [Mo'Nique] does this whole monologue and it’s really funny and comedic.”

The Grammy winner reached out to the Golden Globe winner, who happily obliged. “She said, ‘Oh my God, I’d love to do it.’ I’ve always been a fan of hers and we’re both from Maryland. I love her.”

The winning combination can be heard on Pulse, due May 4. Until then, the “Un-Break My Heart” singer is rooting for her friend at next month’s Oscar ceremony. “We’re great friends, she’s really cool. I’m really excited for her about her Oscar.”

Source: Rap-Up.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks 4 commenting! I think that's a great idea so that the pictures can be saved right?